Why try LifeGive Probiotics
We've always been big proponents of the power of probiotics for our health and how we can optimize our wellness through a deeper understanding of our symbiotic lodgers. Here we look at the benefits of probiotics for human health.
What are probiotics?
Probiotics are beneficial bacteria that play a very important role in your health. They can be found everywhere inside and outside your body doing good deeds but, most reside in your gut.
Why do I need probiotics?
Believe it or not there is a war going on inside of your body every day. Probiotics form a lining along the walls of your intestines creating a physical barrier to hinder invasion of bad bacteria. Probiotics comprise a whopping 60% of your immune function by secreting chemicals that battle pathogenic bacteria, viruses, fungi, mould and yeasts thereby keeping you healthier. Besides boosting your immune system probiotics perform many other important functions such as:
- Lowering cholesterol
- Lowering blood pressure
- Aiding digestion
- Improving iron absorption and other minerals
- Helping synthesize nutrients from your food
- Reducing inflammation
- Cleaning and scrubbing the lining of your intestines
- Helping with allergies
- Helping manage urogenital health
- Managing irritable bowel syndrome leaky gut and colitis
- Support the development and functioning of the gut
- Giving you energy
Probiotics outnumber body cells by 10 to 1
The majority of probiotics colonize in the large intestine. Probiotics in a healthy person number up to 100 trillion. In a healthy person these beneficial bacteria will outnumber your own cells by a factor of ten to one. Up to seven pounds of you is actually probiotics!
Probiotics want you to live. It is in their best interest for you to live and to be healthy because they depend upon their host (you) for their own survival. And so, these living organisms form a neural network that is sometimes called your “second brain.” This neural network in your gut takes in information from your external environment and remains in constant communication with your first brain through your central nervous system helping you to make intuitive decisions. Hence the term, “gut feeling.”
What causes Probiotic deficiency in the body?
Drinking chlorinated water and the use of antibiotics destroys all living organisms in your gut including the beneficial bacteria. Stress can also diminish good bacteria levels as it contributes to an overgrowth of harmful bacterial by changing your body chemistry making it more acidic, which is what bad bacteria loves. This creates an imbalance of gut flora that can lead to Constipation, Excess intestinal gas, Chronic diarrhoea, and Chronic bad breath.
Where Do I Get Probiotics?
There are several ways to obtain probiotics in a healthy way, but this is becoming more and more challenging in modern life.
1. You Were Born With Them – During a delivery through the birth canal, a newborn baby picks up bacteria from his/her mother. These good bacteria are not transmitted when a Cesarean section is performed and have been shown to be the reason why some infants born by Cesarean section have allergies, less than optimal immune systems, and lower levels of gut microflora.
2. Fermented Foods – Raw fermented sauerkraut and kim chee made from cabbage contain naturally occurring probiotics. However, probiotics are heat sensitive and are destroyed by the cooking process. Therefore, you must make sure your fermented foods are not pasteurized, irradiated, or heat processed in any way.
3. Supplements – LiveGive “Instinct”, “Ocean Energy” and Living Streams liquid probiotics available in the LifeGive Supplements store are powerful ways to restore the balance of your intestinal microflora.
What makes LifeGive Probiotics more absorbable and higher quality?
This line of probiotics are called Instinct and come in 4 different units of activity 50 Billion, 80 Billion, 200 Billion, and 50 Billion Vaginal for Women.
What makes this probiotic stand out in a very crowded field of probiotics is the proprietary ingredient of AstraBiotic. LifeGive™ Instinct (with AstraBiotic) was developed in 2014, and is the only probiotic that addresses both the digestion and the absorption functions of probiotics. It has a 90-96% rate of protein breakdown because it works all the way through the digestive track, and not just in the stomach and small intestine.
Naturally derived non-animal enzymes have a much wider range of pH adaptability, allowing it to work in in different organs that have different pH levels. Proteins that you have digested (either through food or supplements) cannot be utilized by the body unless they are broken down into smaller peptides or amino acids, and in fact can be harmful if not digested.
Because so much of the protein is being broken down, the absorption rate into the intestinal walls increased by 40%. The intestinal walls are where the most nutrients are absorbed into your body, and the Instinct probiotic not only increases that absorption rate, it also helps to repair the intestinal wall, which leads to an improved absorption rate once again.
- Rob Trounce